Photos by J. Alan Paul Photography, Brett Craigmile and special to Bison Illustrated
Team Makers wants you to stay up-to-date on all the tailgating policies as football season fast approaches!
Believe it or not, in less than two months Bison football will kickoff once again. With the September 1 opener against Cal Poly fast approaching, that means tailgating season is coming upon us as well. NDSU Team Makers wants you to tailgate the right way this coming season. Here are some things to keep in mind as you patiently wait for the season to begin.
The full tailgating policy can be found on gobison.com.
Be sure to check out the new Tailgate Exchange Blog this Fall. If you cannot make it to the lot, you have the opportunity to exchange your spot with another worthy tailgater. Find out more at ndsuathleticfund.com.
1. Arriving At The Fargodome
- Reserved tailgating opens 5½ hours before kickoff. All other lots open 5 hours before kickoff. Tailgating ends 30 minutes prior to kickoff. All guests are required to exit the tailgating lots at this time. Tailgating is not permitted in the parking lots during the game.
2. Parking and Designation of Parking Lots
- Tailgating is allowed in designated Fargodome parking lots. Consumption of alcohol is allowed in lots E, F and G. Consumption and possession of alcohol is prohibited in lots A, AA, B, C, D, and all other lots on the NDSU campus. No tailgating and no alcohol is allowed in NDSU parking lots.
3. Alcoholic Beverage Policies
- For safety reasons, all beverages must be consumed from plastic or paper cups. No glass is permitted in tailgating lots. Under no circumstances shall persons under 21 years of age have possession of alcoholic beverages in the tailgating areas. Persons under the age of 21 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Drinking games (including but not limited to beer pong), and the use of devices intended to accelerate the consumption of alcohol (including but not limited to funnels) are prohibited. Beer kegs, party balls, open cans, and glass bottles of beverages are prohibited in all parking areas. Open containers of alcoholic beverages are not permitted outside the designated lots.
4. Good Fargoan Policies
- Individuals who interfere with the rights of other people by the use of loud, abusive language and behavior that prevents others from enjoying tailgating and the game will be asked to cease the behavior or leave the event.
- Noise amplification or music must be kept to a reasonable level.
- Tailgating participants are responsible for keeping Fargodome and University surrounding areas clean. Trash bins are located in parking lots. Trash bags and cleanliness are the responsibility of each individual tailgate area.
- Non-reserved spots will be available in the south end of Lot G. Parking is $5 per spot with a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 spots. Additionally, a “twice the size of your vehicle” maximum number of spots apply. Single vehicles with no trailers have a maximum of 2 spots. A vehicle with a trailer has a maximum of 4 spots. Staff will direct vehicles to spots. Fans who wish to tailgate together should arrive together. Non-reserved lineup begins at 5:00 p.m. Friday (for Saturday games) along the south side of 17th Avenue. Vehicles must be attended at all times; they may not be parked and abandoned.