Photos by Hillary Ehlen
Millions of people clamor at Carson Wentz’s heroics on the football field, playing for an organization that’s located in one of the Top 5 media markets in the United States. Along with being one of the 32 starting NFL quarterbacks in the world, Wentz has the ability to influence people across the country. This summer, he started his future ventures in North Dakota. Here are 10 facts about Wentz’s Audience of 1 Foundation he proudly launched last month.
— Carson Wentz (@cj_wentz) July 11, 2017
1. The Carson Wentz Audience of 1 Foundation’s mission is to demonstrate the love of God by providing opportunities and support for the less fortunate and those in need.
2. AO1 Foundation has three objectives: serving underprivileged youth living abroad, offering hunting and outdoor opportunities to individuals who are physically challenged or military veterans living in the Midwest and supporting the youth in Philadelphia with service dogs.
3. Carson Wentz said he was told numerous times not to rush while starting the foundation. He’s had the plan for a while and with the help of his brother Zach Wentz and The Giving Back Fund Inc., he was able to make it happen during his first offseason. “I figured, why wait?” Wentz said. “God-willing, I’ll play this game for a long time, but at the end of the day, I don’t know if this platform will be gone tomorrow.”
4. Carson Wentz went to Haiti with his idea for the AO1 Foundation already in place. But the mission trip helped reinforce that he was on the right path with his Foundation. “It kind of messed me up,” Wentz said. “You see all the need that’s over there, and it just humbles you. You recognize that they have so much need, materialistically, but at the end of the day, they were happy. They had joyful relationships, they were a real community with each other.
5. Wentz didn’t hesitate to put his faith at the forefront of the foundation. Hence the AO1 acronym and logo. “I put AO1 on my wrist because I wanted people to see it,” Wentz said about his tattoo. “I wanted people to see it and then ask me what it meant and just being open to sharing and telling them about Jesus. That’s what I’m passionate about. The shirts, with the big AO1 on the front, which people are excited about, it just opens some doors for conversation.”
6. Carson Wentz said the Foundation is Christ-centered and he acknowledged there’s a fine line and doesn’t want to turn anyone off because of his faith. “I just want to show that I care about people and love people, and hopefully that wins at the end.”
7. Carson Wentz kicked off his Foundation at Oxbow Country Club on July 12. The event included silent auction items. Philadelphia Eagles teammates signed their jerseys and other memorabilia as the auction items.
8. More than $370K was raised during the Foundation’s kickoff at Oxbow Country Club.
9. You can donate to the Carson Wentz Audience of 1 Foundation online at ao1foundation.org/donate. You can donate as a monthly gift, to honor or support someone, and you can remain anonymous.
10. Another way to give to the AO1 Foundation is by purchasing a shirt. You can find the AO1 t-shirts in black, green and grey at ao1foundation.org/shop.